Jeanie Brown Burrows
Board of Directors
Williamsburg County, Representative of the Pubic Sector
Term: April 16, 2017 through April 16, 2022
- American Intercontinental University, BA in Business and Human Resources. Associate Degree in Secretarial Science.
Professional Certifications, Licensure, Credentials:
- Planning and Family Literacy Certified
- Notary Public
- SHRM- Human Resource Management
Professional Experience/ Work History:
- Williamsburg County Councilwoman, Present
- Waccamaw Economic Opportunity Council, Inc., Family Advocate for Chavis Early Head Start Center. Previously.
- Williamsburg County School District, Teen Life Center, Office Manager.
- Williamsburg County First Steps Early Reading Program, Kingstree, SC, Family Literacy Coach.
- Williamsburg County First Steps, Program Coordinator.
- Assurant Solutions, Inc., Human Resource Specialist, II.
- McLeod Health Systems, Florence, SC, Human Resource Benefits Specialist.
- Tupperware Manufacturing Inc., Hemingway, SC, Administrative Coordinator.
Professionally Relevant Honors and Affiliations:
- South Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Black Lawyers Association
- Georgetown County Bar Association, Past President and Treasurer
- Georgetown County Family Court Advisory Committee
- Mt. Carmel Baptist Church, Chairman of Trustees Ministry, Treasurer, Director of Junior Brotherhood, and Chairman of Planning Committee
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc.: President, Georgetown Chapter, Legal Council, District of SC, Past Area III Director
- Georgetown County Water and Sewer District
- NAACP Member
Prior Board Affiliations:
- Plantersville After School Program, Plantersville, SC
- Georgetown County Accommodations Tax Committee
- Georgetown County Planning Commission
- Kid’s Voting USA
- Waccamaw EOC, Inc. Policy Council
- Civil Rights Division Legal Team for Voter Irregularities
81 Chair Road, Hemingway, SC 29554 Phone: 843-558-3638